Robert S. Pierce
Email | LinkedIn ProfileRobert S. Pierce has practiced trademark and copyright law since 2003, primarily in trademark protection. He has extensive experience in clearing trademarks and prosecuting trademark applications, including non-traditional marks. He has practiced before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board in both ex parte appeals and inter partes matters. He works with clients, Customs and Border Protection, and local law enforcement to prevent the distribution of counterfeit goods. He also works with foreign counsel throughout the world to prosecute foreign applications, maintain foreign registrations, and oppose third party applications. He counsels clients on intellectual property matters including trademark registration, maintenance, and enforcement; mark selection and clearance; copyright protection; unfair competition and infringement opinions; new developments in trademark law; and licensing agreements.
Before working in the intellectual property field, he focused on state and federal environmental regulation and natural resource use litigation. He is the author of "New Rules Required States to Develop Control Strategies for Regional Haze," Environmental Compliance and Litigation June 2001.
- Carleton College B.A.
- Northwestern School of Law of Lewis and Clark College J.D.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon
- Canadian Intellectual Property Office Registered Trade Mark Agent
- Oregon State Bar
- American Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), Trademark Law and Trademark Litigation Committees
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- International Association for the Protection of Industrial Property (AIPPI)
- "New Rules Required States to Develop Control Strategies for Regional Haze," Environmental Compliance and Litigation June 2001